…yes, that is a Sugar Ray song, hehe. More on that later…
Weight this morning: 129.8
Goal weight: 125
I broke the 130 lbs mark, woohoo! AND, that’s after a night of eating ice cream–MIND blowing! Haha, I guess it is true what they say, it’s all about calories in, calories out, and I’m doing well so far maintaining my calorie count.
Alright, on to my day. I am lucky enough to have a job where I have a great deal of flexibility in my schedule and the ability to work when and from where I want most of the time, so this means I get to WORK OUT when I want to as well (most of the time). Today was an exception. I usually hit the gym for a 9:30am or 10:30am group fitness Monday through Friday, but today I had a 9am meeting at work. Since I am a strong believer in morning workouts, I set the good ‘ol alarm for 5:30am this morning to squeeze in a 45-min spinning class (320 cals burned) at 6am. The reason I love morning workouts is because then I feel like it’s done and out of the way. If I hold off until the afternoon, something is bound to come up and ruin my gym plans–an impromptu happy hour with friends, I get too sleepy/unmotivated to go, a friend has a crisis and needs me to join them on a dessert run (happy to oblige), or I just get too caught up with my work. The one thing that stinks about starting my day SO dang early (other than waking up when it’s still dark out) is that I’m hungry all day long! It’s interesting to me, but I guess it’s just the way the body works. Ok, as for what i 8 today:
- hot chocolate from a Keurig
- 1C of Amy’s split pea soup
- cucumber slices + carrot dip chips + 3 TBSP Sabra roasted red pepper hummus (yum!)
- black bean, cheddar cheese, and salsa burrito in a whole wheat tortilla (yes, I’ve been having this a lot! Trying to finish off those tortillas! So many come in one pack for just one person.)
- oatmeal with almond butter and cinnamon AND coconut flakes (to switch it up–wow, the coconut really sweetened the oatmeal!)
Oh, and I also went to a step aerobics class tonight (470 cals burned!). So, here’s a snapshot of the day:
Allllrighty, we hit the road bright and early tomorrow to head to wedding # 1 of the double-wedding weekend! Yaaaay for road trips and weddings and LOVE!