Weight this morning: 131.2
Low weight: 129.4
Goal weight: 125
It’s almost my blogging month-aversary! Yep, tomorrow marks one month of blogging for me. Each day I bring to you a list of the food i 8 that day, but I’ve yet to share with you what i drink on a daily basis! So, here’s a basic synopsis of what I like to drink:
- WATER! No matter what I read regarding the best drink for our bodies, good ol’ H20 always tops the list, so I stick with lots-o-water each and every day.
- Sobe Water. This is my little “fun drink” I like to give myself, since I haven’t yet resigned to a 100%, “perfect”, water-is-the-only-thing-I-drink life. I drink one a day, roughly 4 days a week. Although it’s calorie-free, I know it’s no good for me and I should just stick to regular water, but it satisfies my “fun drink” craving, and it tastes so darn yummy! My fave is the Strawberry Dragonfruit.
- Diet soda. I indulge in diet (yes, only diet) soda once or twice a month maybe, usually when I’m out enjoying a fun meal like pizza or Mexican or something of that nature. Also, I crave diet soda + greasy food when I’m not feeling my best the day after a night of too much fun, so I’ll drink it then, too. 😉 My fave is Diet Dr. Pepper!
- La Croix. I was on a HUGE La Croix kick for a while, but then I found Sobe Water and switched it up to avoid the carbonation. I’ll still have one from time to time, but not often. My fave is Berry!
- Alcoholic beverages. I’m a low-brow wine and beer drinker (i.e., house reds or whites and Bud Light, baby!) My go-to cocktail at a bar is vodka, club soda, and lime. My go-to cocktail if I’m mixing is Fresca (my fave is Black Cherry) and a fun vodka, like Pinnacle whipped vodka. (LOVE the Pinnacle varieties!) NOTE: I only drink for special occasions (birthdays, concerts, tailgates, other celebrations of sorts), NOT on a daily basis! Just wanted to make that clear…
Ok, that about sums up what i drink for the most part. I am not a coffee person (never liked the taste, and didn’t try to add a ton of sugar/milk to convince myself otherwise), I’ll occasionally have a Chai tea latte or hot chocolate from my Keurig, but that’s about it for hot drinks.
Onward, to the food i 8 today! Welp, today the scale didn’t move. 😦 In honor of my blog topic, I decided to pick up a couple of cleanse-type drinks and just drink from those for the first half of my day for a little “half-day cleanse”.
I couldn’t decide between these two at the store, so I went for both! I drank half of each today, and I’ll finish the rest tomorrow. I LOVED them both! The Bolthouse Farms one was a little sweeter than the Naked, and maybe a little too sweet for my taste buds, so I actually prefer the Naked variety. For those of us without juicers (I’ve yet to invest), this is a fairly good alternative. It’s still a packaged product and doesn’t beat fresh drinks we juice ourselves, but it’s a pretty darn convenient alternative that works for me!
In the evening, I had some more of the three bean chili and a couple buttered slices of the zucchini-pineapple bread I made last week. Yum!So, here’s a summary of the food i 8 today as well as calorie counts. Oh, and I did a 6am Body Pump class today (350 cals burned). Toodles!
- 1/2 bottle of Bolthouse Farms – Green Goodness
- 1/2 bottle of Naked – Green Machine
- broccoli+ 2TBSP hummus
- three bean chili (recipe here)
- two slices of whole grain zucchini-pineapple bread with butter (recipe here)