Weight this morning: 132.2
Low weight: 128.6
Goal weight: 125
Workout: 10 min warm-up jog + spinning class (490 cals burned)
My gym is having a 2-month fitness challenge!!! I signed up today. The challenge is simple–whoever attends the most group fitness classes over the challenge period wins a prize. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, and the prizes are unknown. Seeing that I’m a group fitness QUEEN, I’m definitely down for this type of challenge. So, the official period when they’ll be tallying our group fitness class attendance is January 14th – March 10th. Here’s my plan for the classes to take on a daily basis:
- Monday: AM – Body Pump / PM – Body Step
- Tuesday: AM – Body Attack / PM – Zumba
- Wednesday: AM – Spinning / PM – Body Attack
- Thursday: AM – Body Pump / PM – Body Step
- Friday: AM – Body Step
- Sat/Sun: If I’m near my gym, one Body Attack and one Body Pump class; if not, walk/jog outside
Now, I definitely won’t make it to the gym twice a day every day. But, as I do now, if I’m having a less stressful day and feel I have the time to fit in two workouts, I do so. So, I’ll just continue with that mindset over the fitness challenge period and make sure I don’t overdo it with the two-a-days!
Since I’m participating in this challenge and I know my fitness will be in check, I want to make sure I’m mindful on the food/diet side as well. So, I’ve come up with a list of “rules” I’d like to stick to throughout this challenge period. Actually, I’m starting these rules TODAY because there’s no time like the present…why wait until Monday?!
- no fried foods
- no soda
- no excessive drinking (2 possible exceptions–my and my husband’s bdays, whoop!)
- no white carbs (pasta, bread, rice, cereal, fried breading, etc.)
- no buffets
- minimal pizza (weakness #1)
- minimal desserts (weakness #2)
- eat something within 2 hours of waking to kickstart my metabolism
- water, water water! at restaurants, at home, at the gym…drink it up
- focus on PLANNING…stash the fridge with fruit and veggies for when I’m feeling snacky, think about my eating plan prior to a house party or dinner/lunch at a restaurant, keep go-to snacks in my purse/car/office
- This is a big one: If I have a day (meal) where I go crazy on crap foods, that’s OK, no one is perfect. Take a deep breath and make the next meal more healthful. In other words, no throwing in the towel and binge junk food eating for an entire day/weekend/week…get right back on track!
I think this is all doable and these are changes I would like to honestly make FOREVER, not just the next two months, which is important when “dieting”. I first titled this post “Two months to 125”, but I realized that slow and steady wins the race. As long as I’m making smart choices and truly focusing on my goal of being healthy, whether I make it to 125 lbs in March or October really makes no difference. I want to do this healthily, making LIFESTYLE changes, not just simple diet fixes to see a number on the scale. After the last few months of tracking food and staying dedicated to exercise, I definitely feel a difference in my body. Although the scale isn’t reflecting it right now, I have made some major improvements since I started this blog.
Ok, quick food i 8 today summary:
- 1/3 C quick oats, 1/2 banana, 1.5 TBSP crunchy sunflower butter
- Lara bar
- carrots, broccoli, + 2 TBSP hummus
- smoothie –> 1 C kale, 2 full carrots, 1 full apple, 3 dates (too ugly to picture!)
- toasted bagel thin + Laughing Cow cheese wedge
- 2 TBSP Justin’s maple almond butter (yes, by itself, it’s THAT good)