I’m baaaaack from my fun weekend away! So…remember my commitment to “two months of focus“? Yep, it included focusing on the following items:
- no fried foods
- no soda
- no excessive drinking (2 possible exceptions–my and my husband’s bdays, whoop!)
- no white carbs (pasta, bread, rice, cereal, fried breading, etc.)
- no buffets
- minimal pizza (weakness #1)
- minimal desserts (weakness #2)
- eat something within 2 hours of waking to kickstart my metabolism
- water, water water! at restaurants, at home, at the gym…drink it up
- focus on PLANNING
- no binge junk food eating for an entire day/weekend/week…get right back on track!
Welp, this weekend I definitely broke
a handful most of these “rules”. Fried mushrooms, onion rings, diet coke, binge drinking in the French Quarter, pizza, and of course a casino buffet! Hehe…I was definitely out of my normal routine this weekend for my husband’s birthday celebration, but I refuse to get down on myself about it. I had a blast! Ok, onward!
We woke up today and had a bit of a drive to get back home. We managed to spot a Moe’s along the highway, which I was excited about since they added tofu to their menu. I also was happy to switch it up from Subway. I went with a tofu taco salad.
A couple hours later I was hungry for a snack, so I snacked on a Lara bar.
Then I hit up the gym for a much-needed sweat session. I went to a Body Step class followed by a Body Pump class for a total of 850 cals burned! Afterward, we hit up Publix to pick up dinner. I went with these avocado salad rolls.
They were pretty tasty, but not enough avocado for my liking. 🙂 I can never get enough! I still wanted a little something more after these rolls, so I had a bowl of oatmeal, almond butter, and coconut.
And that’s the end of this back-on-track kind of day!
Food i 8 today:
- Moe’s salad –> romaine lettuce, tofu, black beans, guac, corn pico, salsa
- Lara bar
- protein shake –> 1/2 C kale, 1 TBSP sunbutter, 1 scoop Sun Warrior chocolate protein powder, 3/4 C almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana
- 1.5 avocado salad rolls from Publix
- 1/3 C oatmeal, 1 TBSP almond butter, 1 TBSP coconut flakes