Weight this morning: 128.8
Low weight: 128.6
Goal weight: 125
Workout: Body Pump (280 cals burned), Body Attack (380 cals burned), Body Step (480 cals burned)
This morning I switched up my pre-workout snack a bit. I usually go with a slice of toasted Ezekiel bread with hummus spread on top. Over the weekend, I was on the hunt for another toast spread to switch it up from my daily dose of hummus. In particular, I was looking for something sweeter–like a jam! As with all my packaged food shopping, I was determined to find a product with a short ingredient list and no weirdo, unpronounceable ingredients. After searching high and low, I found a winner–Bonnie’s Jams. Although it’s not “perfect”, it’s the best I could find so far.
You can see the ingredients are simple: raspberries, sugar, lemon juice. Although they do add sugar, their website claims they seek to use less than 1/2 the sugar of commercial jams. And the flavor was delicious! Bravo, Bonnie.
After the gym, I had my standard protein shake…
…followed by the LAST portion of my black and red bean soup for lunch. Finally!
Before my afternoon workout, I was still feeling pretty hungry, so I snacked on a leftover slice of spinach Florentine flatbread from Fridays as well as a coconut date roll.
I was absolutely ravenous after my step class and just wanted to go crazy on some food, soooo we went to a pizza buffet. 🙂 whoopsie!
I ended the day with a delicious bowl of “overnight” oats.
Food i 8 today:
- slice of Ezekiel bread + 1 TBSP Bonnie’s raspberry jam
- protein shake –> 1/2 C spinach, 1/2 C almond milk, 1 TBSP sunbutter, 1 scoop Sun Warrior chocolate protein powder, 1/2 banana
- bowl of black and red bean soup
- coconut date roll
- slice of Friday’s Florentine spinach flatbread
- 5 slices of pizza buffet pizza
- “overnight” oats –> 1/3 C quick oats, 1/3 C almond milk, 1 TBSP Justin’s maple almond butter, 1/2 mashed banana, dash of cinnamon