Weight this morning: 129.8
Low weight: 128.6
Goal weight: 125
Workout: Spinning (320 cals burned) + Zumba (435 cals burned)
This morning I was late getting out the door for my spin class, so I skipped my pre-workout snack. I was so ready for my protein smoothie once I got home. I had to take it to-go to get to a meeting on campus.
A few hours later I had a mid-morning snack.
Yep, I got to use my new toy from Christmas–the food scale. I used the nifty “tare” function to measure out 5 oz portions of cantaloupe. Good stuff!
So, I’m not a huge fan of frozen meals because it’s not fresh, and quite frankly it’s tough to find a short ingredient list with frozen meals. But, in a pinch, I think they work well. Maybe one day I’ll completely eliminate them from my life, but for now I’m ok with turning to frozen meals/burger patties here and there. The other day at Publix they had a buy-one-get-one-free deal on these vegetarian frozen meals.
I decided to give a couple of them a try, and this is my first one so far. I have to say, not bad at all! It wasn’t the most amazing dish I’ve ever had (I mean, come on, it’s still a frozen meal), but it was satisfying, not too mushy, and there are zero preservatives, which makes me happy. I’d give Lightlife frozen meals a thumbs up!
We went back to the same BBQ place we went to last Tuesday for dinner, and I got the same two sides.
This time I ate about 3/4 of each scoop. Good stuff, but not so good for you! I ended the night with my tasty overnight oats mixture.
Food i 8 today:
- protein shake –> 1/2 C spinach, 1/2 C almond milk, 1 TBSP sunbutter, 1 scoop Sun Warrior chocolate protein powder, 1/2 banana
- 5 oz cantaloupe chunks
- Lightlife Tuscan Chick’n frozen meal
- slice of leftover Friday’s Florentine spinach flatbread
- 3/4 portion of corn casserole + 3/4 portion of sweet potato casserole
- “overnight” oats –> 1/3 C quick oats, 1/3 C almond milk, 1 TBSP almond butter, 1/2 mashed banana, dash of cinnamon