Weight this morning: 131.0
Low weight: 128.4
Goal weight: 125
Workout: Body Pump
I’m holding steady at 131 pounds even. Grrrrr. I guess it takes more than a week of being very good with my food intake to undo two days (last Friday and Saturday) of being pretty darn bad! One day at a time…just keep going…consistency is key…
One way I try to get through each day of making the right food choices is by having something somewhat exciting and tasty to look forward to in the evening. A little pat on the back, if you will, for a good effort during the day. You might have noticed that my go-to healthy evening treat is overnight oats, but recently I was inspired by a post that gave a recipe for basically oatmeal muffins, so I decided to give them a try. The ingredients are simple:
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP Baking powder
- 3 cups quick oats (0ld fashioned works, too)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries or mixed berries [still frozen] or even chocolate chips
Welp, I forgot the baking powder, so mine didn’t exactly “rise” too much. I am notorious for leaving out one or two ingredients when baking–dangit!!
The recipe called for 15 cups, but I was able to easily stretch it to 19. I listed out the calories for each ingredient below.
When I divide the total by 19 cups, I get 80 calories per serving! These are a tasty, healthy, and all-natural way to eat muffins! They’re basically just a cup of blueberry oatmeal that’s baked, hence the name “berry oatmeal cups” instead of blueberry muffins.
A couple of final words before you get too excited:
#1: These are flourless, so they do stick to the cupcake liners quite a bit–some worse than others. Peel with caution, people!
#2: These are sugarless, so the flavor is what you’d expect–oats, banana, blueberries. Note that the original recipe does call for some artificial sweetener, which I omitted since I’m trying to go as el naturale as possible this week. This is not a 400-calorie Panera muffin–it’s a healthy cup of oatmeal. Keep that in mind. 😉
Alright, I’ve talked your ear off enough for now. The rest of the day went along as planned. Not much else new!
Food i 8 today:
- slice of Ezekiel bread + 1 TBSP Bonnie’s raspberry jam
- protein shake –> 1 C spinach, 1 C almond milk, 1 TBSP sunbutter, 1 scoop Sun Warrior chocolate protein powder, 1/2 banana
- 3 oz. Publix dip chip carrots + 2TBSP Sabra red roasted pepper hummus
- afternoon smoothie –> 1 C spinach, 1 C almond milk, 1 C blueberries, 1 TBSP dark cocoa powder
- Green Giant frozen veggie mix (entire package)
- one sliced green bell pepper + 2 TBSP Sabra red roasted pepper hummus
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 homemade berry oatmeal cups