Weight this morning: 131.6
Low weight: 128.4
Goal weight: 125
Workout: Body Pump
Hello again! I can’t seem to wipe the smile off my face from officially completing all the steps necessary to get my PhD yesterday–wooohooooo!
Anyway, tomorrow I am headed home to go on a 2-week road trip with my family in my parents’ RV up the east coast to visit family in New Jersey. I can’t wait to hit the road!
Now, as for the blog. Let me get a few things off my chest…
(1) I started the blog to try to keep myself accountable and to stay on track with eating “right”/healthily. Welp, I’ve kind of fallen off the wagon. While I haven’t gained some ridiculous amount of weight or anything, I have clearly been having days filled with unhealthy food choices (i.e., beer, pizza, chips, dessert…). So, I’ve veered off course in my daily healthy eating habits (there were some good days mixed in there).
(2) Life has been filled with fun activities lately! I’m moving this month as well and starting a new tenure-track assistant professor position in August, teaching at a big ol’ university. While these have been exciting times, they’ve also been very much non-structured. I’ve had so many going away events, dinners, lunches, drink-fests, BBQs. My kitchen stuff has been packed up for weeks, so I’ve eaten out every meal. I’ve been stressed with packing and getting ready to defend my dissertation. I’ve been teaching every. single. day. My foot injury has reduced the amount of intense cardio I can handle. In sum, this has been the perfect environment for me to to eat like crap. I’ve been excited about all the fun events and my life changes, but discouraged with how it has impacted my eating.
(3) That all being said, I will be out of town (and in an RV mostly) for the next couple of weeks, so blogging and weighing-in daily just isn’t realistic. Once life settles down, I want to get back into a routine and make sure I clean up my eating.
Until then, I’ll be livin’ it up!!!!! I want to enjoy this time while it’s here. No scales or calorie counting for a little while. I want to eat mindfully and indulge here and there. I’ll be back at some point over the next month–promise!
I WILL hit that 125 goal eventually. Just maybe not for a few more months. 😉
Food i 8 today:
- Chipotle salad –> lettuce, black beans, fajita veggies, pico, guac
- red delicious apple + sunflower seed butter
- ’bout to go out drinking to celebrate!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂