Weight this morning: 133.0
Low weight: 128.4
Goal weight: 125
Welp, I put in a good week of eats, and the scale shows a loss of 1.4 pounds. I’ll take it! I wish those vacation pounds would drop more quickly, but I know it will take a consistent pattern of healthy eating to lose it all. Anyway, onto the events of today!
I started the day with a protein shake. I picked up a NEW (to me) product the other day, and decided to finally test it out in my smoothie. It’s a peanut butter replacement called PB2 that’s only 45 cals for 2 TBSP, as opposed to the normal 200 cals for normal peanut butter.
I think it tasted alright, and it’s a fine replacement in some situations (maybe baking or when I want PB and don’t want all the cals/fat that go along with it), but I think after I’m done with this jar, I’ll just stick to the real stuff in the future. There are some interesting articles out there comparing PB2 vs. the real stuff (here and there are others). For the most part, they say that getting all the good fat/nutrients from real peanut (or, even better, almond) butter outweighs the saved calories and fat from subbing in the powder (which, btw, uses a process to remove over 90% of the fat in peanut butter). Either way, I’m glad I tried it out!
The rest of the morning/early afternoon consisted of sitting at my computer for many hours, hammering out some work. At some point, I got hungry, but I just wanted to grab something quickly and keep working. So, I went for a spoonful of sunflower seed butter straight from the jar and a couple of Girl Scout cookies that I took from my mom’s stash. 🙂
This evening the hubs and I went to a tapas place for some drinks and snacks and then to a Cuban place for a few some more food, and then we called it a night! I didn’t take any pics, but the food details are listed below. I’m so full right now, but it was sooo good!
Food i 8 today:
- protein shake –> 1/2 C spinach, 1 C almond milk, 1 TBSP PB2, 1 scoop Sun Warrior chocolate protein powder, 1/2 banana
- 1 spoonful of sunflower seed butter
- 2 dos-i-dos Girl Scout cookies
- Tapas place –> 1 glass of mango sangria, roasted pear + pecan flatbread, falafel + aioli dip
- Cuban place –> 1/4 glass of red sangria (didn’t feel like the rest), 3 slices of Cuban bread, a few Yuca fries, 2 plantain chips with pineapple guacamole, one plantain, banana chocolate chip bread pudding